||The Finance Group (FG) is a critical and strategic business function in UNOPS and serves as an authoritative and integrated partner in the organization on strategic financial planning and budgeting, business strategy and practices, financial analysis and risk assessment, financial management services and long term organisational treasury and investments. As the steward of resources of a self-financing UN entity, FG is accountable for timely cost recovery and reporting to partners, maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial management of resources in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and organisational/international accountability framework and the accurate and transparent financial reporting to governing bodies, clients, partners and stakeholders.
The Finance Specialist – Treasury & Investment Management reports to the Head of Treasury. Under the overall guidance of the Head of Treasury, the role is responsible for ensuring that UNOPS has a comprehensive, coherent and successfully executed plan for the efficient and effective management of cash, investment and foreign exchange operations for resources mobilized by the organization. The role holder will also take leadership of UNOPS Treasury Management System implementation program which aims to deliver an automated and controlled environment for the management of UNOPS financial resources.
• Masters degree or higher in finance and/or business or a related field. A Bachelor degree with 2 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
• Appropriate professional accreditation or qualification is highly desirable (AMCT/MCT/CFA/CAIA etc.)
• Membership in an internationally recognized accounting body or Treasury body would be an advantage.
• A minimum of 6 years of investment experience across multiple asset classes including at least two years of Financial Project Implementation experience
• Financial modelling, analytical and valuation skills
• Experience in negotiating legal agreements
• Relationship Management experience
• Solid, demonstrated communications skills (oral and written) as well as strong presentation skills and a track record of successful investment recommendations and defense of same.
• Experience with TMS/Trading Environment tools and their uses
• Fundamental understanding of Investment Instruments
• Full working knowledge of English.
• Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Job location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement
Contract level: I-ICA 2
Contract duration: 1 year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Please click here to APPLY